Happy 2018 everyone! I hope your new year has started off on the right foot, and you’re already diving into your projects and goals! I’ve already gotten well underway with several things I want to do with my year, one of which being bullet journaling. I also bought a custom embossed journal cover for it, so I can change my book each year. Neat, huh?
I’m using my journal for my yearly goals (which have changed drastically in the last few weeks), my quarterly goals, keeping track of what I’m reading, blog info, therapy, and different writing notes and bits. I actually FINALLY sorted all my novel notes into separate folders per book etc the other day, but I’d still like to have nicely written synopsis’s tucked away in here for my own benefit. Speaking of quarterly goals, I figured I’d slip some of them in here!
- Read seven books before April! Should be easy
- Finish and enter my first short story competition of the year
- Finish the outline for the short story horror collection I plan to release this year
- Get into healthy, habitual writing
- Start DBT and outline the process each week in said journal
- Participate in volunteering more with Writer’s SA!
- Have at least 2k words written a month. This is the only target I am giving myself on this
- Cook at least one new dish a month outside of my comfort zone
- Get a little ahead on some blogs if I can. Yeah, that sounds like cheating, but I struggle some weeks
Finish my last FOUR driving hours (if I can’t manage that with all my lessons booked, we have an issue)
- Finish outlining the rest of Audrey. I’ve been stuck with massive anxiety about this book, and expressing some parts of it and myself, but I want to get there
- Be more supportive and loving of my partner and his pursuits, as he’s the entire reason I’m giving my aspirations a go!
I’ve also started my first book of the year with Neil Gaiman’s Coraline, because I’m somewhat obsessed with the movie. I’ll be reading an Indie published book after that, so if you have any recommendations for that, please let me know! I’m also writing my first short story of the year right now for the Hope Prize, so I’ll be keeping you all posted on how that goes.
Please feel free to leave a comment on the exciting plans you have/have started, I’d love to hear all of them. Other people are my motivation- I just get so pumped up seeing others achieve the stuff they love!