Hey guys! Look at how close we are to the new year. I hope you guys had a fantastic Christmas/other religious holiday/all those fun things. A new year means a new chance for pushing yourself, for doing your best, to be creative. To inspire and nurture your goals. So to finish off my blog for the year, I’m going to put up a few of my goals for next year and hopefully encourage you to pursue your own. I’ve divided mine into three categories: Personal, writing, and professional. I’m not gonna get beat myself up if I struggle with them or don’t complete them, but I’m going to do my best to achieve them.
- Get my P plates! I’m almost done with my learners licence, and I’m so close I can taste it.
- Organise one thing/outing a month with a friend/friends like a normal human being
- Exercise more regularly
- Take better care of my physical and mental health
- Read 26 books on Goodreads by then end of 2018 (one a fortnight)
- Finish the first draft of Audrey
- Finish the first draft of Revelation (so close!)
- Finish the first draft of Chains of Legacy
- Secure beta readers
- Write one short story a year
- Have a reward system. Mine is going to be setting aside $1 per 1000 words written and save up to get something super fun
- Camp Nano April and July goals: 25k each
- Nano 2018 goal: 70k
- Be volunteering regularly
- Write query letters, start practicing them and finalise one per manuscript
- Write a professional synopsis of each manuscript
- Beta read for other people (already started, so good)
These are the few of the things I want to get done next year. I didn’t want to have too many unrealistic, massive goals, just a few to have some milestones to hit and feel good about managing. These goals might change a bit, or some might get dropped, and that’s OK. Making progress at all is a big deal. I hope you can all achieve your goals for 2018, and I hope to hear them.