Hey guys! So, we’re halfway through Nanowrimo/November, and the end of the year is drawing near. For those doing Nano: how are you doing? I bet you’re nailing this. You can do it, I believe in you. For those of you not doing Nanowrimo: how are your goals going? Not even writing ones, like any? Are you doing OK?
Sometimes, when we get caught up in life, in goals, in work, we forget to take care of ourselves. I know I’m super guilty of this, which is especially hard as I do carry the burden of mental illnesses. In the push to not let those define me, I neglect myself a lot, and suffer as a result. This easy easy to do even when you’re not sick! So this weeks blog, I’m going to make sure both you and I are doing things to take care of ourselves?
- Are you getting enough sunlight/water/exercise?
- Have you done something nice for yourself? i.e. a bath, curled up with a book/video game/craft?
- Are you regularly taking time out for relaxation?
- How is your stress? Are you feeling down, depressed, exhausted, etc? Have you spoken to anyone about it? If so, you should.
- Are you sleeping enough? Set a good sleeping pattern- it makes a lot of difference to the quality of your life, your energy, and the effort you put into your work.
You matter as much as your work, or your writing, or anything else that matters in your life. You need to take time out for yourself, and to make sure you’re taken care of. So this is a reminder to go do something right now that’s nice for yourself. I don’t care, you go do it.